Raising Autism Awareness

Hello everyone,

My name is Sara Smalley and I started this blog for a few reasons. I would like to raise Autism Awareness even if just one person at a time. This has become a mission of mine ever since my son was diagnosed with Autism early this year. Through our journey thus far I have seen that there is a lack of awareness and many people don't really understand what Autism is. I hope to be able to help those who want to educate themselves and other parents who are on the journey also.

I will try my best to get as much information and resources for my readers. Please stay posted for more information and photos also.

Sara

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about lack of awareness. I called my INS company to get approved for OT. The women that answered said whats that someone who teaches your kid a job? LMAO! I was like yes he is only 2 but school is sooo overrated its time he gets a job!

Sara said...

Mickey that is so funny. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope to hear more from you. I think it is sad that many people still don't have a real idea about Autism. I think that if we can get through to one person a day we will get somewhere.

Sara

cara said...

Hi Sara. You have such beautiful children and your pictures are fantastic.

I'm writing to ask for permission to use your pictures of Hekili for a pamphlet for autism I and my groupmates were tasked to do for Psychiatric Nursing Class. If you would allow... The pamphlet would be written in Filipino.

I wanted to express my appreciation for your work and dedication as well.

Thank you so much.

cara said...

Please feel free to email me your response. caragarcia@gmail.com. Thank you.