Beautiful Son

I watched a documentary last night titled "Beautiful Son" by Don and Julianne King. This documentary featured their son Beau who has high functioning autism. I sat down and watched the movie and started to cry. This beautiful boy was so much like my very own son who was at home with his father at the time. To see another child who mirrors the everyday actions of your own child was eye opening. My son makes the same faces and put toys and books up to the corner of his eyes just as their son does. My son loves the water and their son is like a fish. I learned a lot from this documentary.

It also prompted me to start a poll. Hekili had chronic ear infections when he was younger along with what seemed like colds every month or so. My PED said it was normal but it never felt normal to me to see my child sick all the time. He was sick all too often. So I asked many other parents in my other autism groups and many of them (more than half) said that their children also had chronic ear infections and got sick all too often. So now my question is ... has this been studied? Are the PEDS communicating enough with each other to see a correlation?

I would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks or their experiences.

Sara

0 comments: